Home

Thursday, March 20, 2008

Hot Air Balloons

I was looking through some old photos when I found these. About 20 years ago, when I was a kid growing up on the Westside of Jacksonville I used to wake up almost every weekend to the sound of hot air balloons.

The sky would be filled with them coming out of Herlong Airport, the sound of heavy breathing in the air (that's what they sound like to me!).

These photos aren't THAT old, but it's a rare scene these days for hot air balloons to be anywhere in Jacksonville.

OK, I SWEAR I didn't do this digitally, look at the photo below and the cloud to the top right, see the smiley face!
I don't know why, but if I was up in one and another one came this close to me, I'd probably have a heart attack!

When we were kids we used to wave at the people and they'd always wave back!

0 comments: