Home

Tuesday, April 1, 2008

St. John's River Collage Story

I was getting ready to invoice the Times Union for photos and stories of mine that ran this past month and I figured I'd share...

I did a brief story with these two pics about a mural that students from Douglas Anderson made to represent the many aspects of the St. John's River:



This was from a demonstration on Capoeira. I've been meaning to post some more photos that didn't run in the Times Union, but haven't had a chance.


These photos ran with this article. If you aren't familiar with Capoeira, it's like a dancing martial art. Very interesting. Some say it was done by slaves as a way to trick their masters, so that the masters wouldn't know that they were practicing their fighting skills.


A great demonstration of African drumming.

0 comments: