Home

Saturday, May 31, 2008

Wow!

I just got home from shooting Marquita and David's wedding (engagement session posted in an earlier blog) and found a very nice referral email in my inbox. If you have been watching my blog, I recently posted pictures from a wedding from Mike & Michelle's wedding as well as their Trash the Dress session, well they finally got around to sending me a referral--and, wow!


I debated editing it down some for length, but I hate when people do that!


We chose Christy for our wedding photography due to her professional demeanor as well as her laid back attitude. My first experience with our photographer was an ad on craigslist.com. I emailed her right away after looking over her site and she replied within 14 hours. Super *SNAPS* for a fast reply, especially on a Sunday, as many companies didn't reply for days.


She followed up a week later to see if I had any questions or anything. We chatted back and forth for a bit and she seemed to be really cool, but I wasn't ready to schedule anything yet because I was crazy busy with school. She checked back with me a few weeks later and were finally ready to schedule. When we first met her, she was really cool and not one of those typical wedding vendors pushing us to sign a contract that day, and was willing to negotiate her packages to help us get exactly what we needed.


Her prices were just right for our budget and her flexibility was unlike any other vendor we had dealt with up to that point. Mainly, I was sold just because she was so laid back and seemed like someone we could totally click with. We signed a contract and placed a deposit that day.


She maintained an open dialogue throughout the months prior to the wedding via Myspace and email. Due to our wedding coming down to the wire, we scheduled our engagement pictures and a “trash the dress” shoot in the same day. She was really great to work with and made us completely comfortable- even when we were shooting pictures at the Fort in St Augustine on a busy Saturday morning and on the beach in cold water!


As soon as we got our pictures back, I was in AWE. She captured our personalities in these pictures and her perspective was so unique and edgy. Her ability to see things with a different eye and her editing skills are unparallel. We knew we made the right choice for our wedding photographer and were completely at ease.


When the wedding day came, she was nothing short of amazing. She arrived early and was prepared with equipment for an indoor or outdoor wedding, due to the on and off rains of the day. Also, she was able to roll with the punches, getting shots that were important to me, that I felt would chronicle the day, such as the reception room prior to the ceremony and pictures of my family. She was very attentive but maintained unobtrusive, as a true photojournalist does.


When the ceremony was about to start, she took pictures of my mother and I talking prior to my walk down our “aisle”, the last few moments as my mom’s little girl before I was to walk towards married life. These shots were among my favorites of the day. Best of all, I didn’t even feel her presence during this cherished moment with my mother, yet she got all the emotion we were feeling in just a few pictures.


During the reception, she got tons of great shots of my family and friends interacting and the details I spent so much time working on. From the first dance, to cutting the cake, and doing the toasts, she was on point and what seemed to be in her element. Most of the time, we didn’t even realize she was there!


She also made sure to give me updates on the time to ensure I kept with the schedule, as she didn’t want us to feel like we were rushing the reception along for cake cutting and toasts. She helped to ensure our day was just as it was meant to be and chronicled each step with elegance and precision.


We got our online proofs back so quickly, I was bragging to friends who had been married a month before us and still hadn’t seen their pictures! We had over 600 amazing picture to choose from, with each capturing a different aspect of the day uniquely.


Christy captured our wedding day with all the layers of family, friends, details, fun, stress, and joy around it. She carried herself in the utmost professional manner, while maintaining a cool and casual approach to her photography. Her photos aren’t just about composition, they really show the genuine feeling of the moment and one shot can tell the whole story.


Her work is edgy, fun, timeless, creative, and conveys emotion- all wrapped up in one package. The quality of her work is unparallel to any other photographers around, and her prices beat everyone else out there! All our friends and family that have seen our pictures are so amazed at how well she captured our day. We would highly recommend Christy without any reservation to our family, friends and anyone looking for a photographer!


Mike & Michelle

0 comments: