Home

Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Trashing the dress--well sorta!

You may remember Kathy and Wayne from an older post, I shot their wedding vow renewal a little while back. Kathy has been dying to get out and do some more photos of her in one of her wedding dresses (she had several!) and so she booked a trash the dress session, but noone wanted to get sticky or wet, lol!

So we just had a good time going to a couple of spots in St. Augustine--one of the couple's favorite places to be.

This first photo has a bit of a lomographic/cross processing filter added.

For those that don't know what Lomography is, check out how Wikiepedia describes it:
Lomography emphasizes casual, snapshot photography. Characteristics such as over-saturated colors, off-kilter exposure, blurring, "happy accidents," and alternative film processing are often considered part of the "Lomographic Technique."Users are encouraged to take a lighthearted approach to their photography, and use these techniques to document everyday life...
"Lighthearted approach," I like that. I love to have fun with my sessions and create something a little different.
Most guys aren't much for photos, but if Wayne wasn't up for it, you couldn't tell! He was such a great sport, getting all the photos that I knew Kathy would love!
The next photo has a bit of sepia (red) toning to it. But one of the reasons I love this photo is if you look above Wayne's head, a dragonfly flew into the photo. It looks really obvious in a larger view--you can even see his wings--I love it!
This one in the carriage is kind of like a sepia, painted effect. I loved how it turned out with Kathy and Wayne. This would be a beautiful large portrait for a house. It has that artwork quality, but it still has a personal feel that says portrait with a bit more wow!
My husband calls me a tree hugger. Maybe I am, because I LOVE old trees like these!




0 comments: