Home

Tuesday, October 28, 2008

My beautiful intern

Ciara, has been interning with me for the last couple of weeks. She is a very bright 17 year old whom I met while photographing her sister's engagement and trash the dress session.

At the time she was just shooting really creative shots on her cell phone and her mom asked me what kind of camera to buy her. I gave her some recommendations. Her mom wanted her to see what kind of jobs are out there for photographers, so I took her with me on a Times Union story.

She is a super sweet girl who takes direction very well. So I didn't mind taking her on as an intern at all. I quickly realized she had the most dynamic green eyes. Her family has been trying to get her to go into modeling, so she came in for a modeling session. (Her photo is currently being used at the top of my blog.)

I currently have two wedding dresses I use as props and she fit the first one I gave her like a glove! Her mom came in and saw her in it and got teary eyed.

I love the background in this shot (We have a couple of scenic backdrops in studio). The only thing I don't like about it is that her head is almost centered and all the space on the right.
This one I put a two tone coloring to it. Kind of gives it a magazine feel.

I bought this clothing manequin at a yard sale (I often have to alter my clothes) and finally found a good use for it! I love the vintage hats. I've had the one on the left in the studio for months, but the one on the right I found in 5 Points the weekend Peta was here.
I put a vintage polaroid look on this one. The background is an area near our studio.
Ciara's mom loves this next one.


Hair by Christy, of Bella La Vita Salon, book her by calling 292-4546.
Makeup provided by Makeup Expressions by Staci, book her by calling 383-8090.
(Christy can do your hair in studio or at the salon. Staci can come to your home or to the studio to do your makeup.)

0 comments: