Home

Monday, October 13, 2008

Nancy + John

The last weekend in September I went down to St. Augustine to shoot Nancy & John's wedding at the San Sebastian Winery. It was an intimate ceremony inside the wine cellar and then the reception upstairs. (Gorgeous reception site and the balcony made a perfect spot for group photos.)
You might remember this couple from a past post. I got to know them while doing their formal bridal session and engagement session. They were a sweet couple and a true joy to work with.

I have this shot both with the couple in focus and the cups out of focus and this version. The glass has the San Sebastian Winery logo on it.
I caught this shot during the ceremony. John's daughter just sweetly watched on. Look at that expression!
What a beautiful smile Nancy has.
Another smile shot, but this time with Nancy and her daughter. This was at the reception and I just love the profile of the two of them together. This was a timed exposure of the dance floor.
The DJ's were First Coast DJ's and Omega DJ's. Sweet ladies who sometimes help each other out on gigs. I've seen some bad DJs at weddings, but Tracie, who owns Omega, is NOT one of them. She's a true blessing to any bride!

I love a great toast shot, heck and a great toast!
They had Cortesse's Bistro cater the reception. If you have never been, their restaurant is located across from the carousel on A1A in St. Augustine. They have a quiet dining area and also another section for listening to live jazz music. At the wedding, they served the most tender beef I've EVER had--fantastic. And the owner was there to help, he was very friendly and attentive.

Speaking of live music, John Shaffer used to play at Cortesse's, I don't know if he still does. He is an awesome musician (used to teach music at Forrest HS), an ordained minister (he performed my wedding, my mother's wedding and my step brother's wedding!) as well as an awesome guy. If you ever get to see him play in person, go listen, he's played with some big names.

0 comments: