Home

Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Jezzika's Xmas Photos

I woke up yesterday morning feeling nauseous. I have severe sinus issues and they hit full force yesterday. I'm pretty sure I had a fever last night. I'm just a coughing and a blowing my nose constantly. Yuck.

One of my interns came in the other day with her hubby, Benny, for their Christmas photos. Jezzika came in yesterday to watch me edit those photos. Poor her, I was sooo out of it, because I was sick, it was hard for me to concentrate. It took me probably 2 hours to even notice she was wearing a Freelance 4 Hire shirt.

She mentioned that her husband and her often get into little spats about photography and other creative things and he doesn't seem to understand that she can like more than one thing at a time and that photography is just one aspect of her creative side.

From my mother's side I get a very creative brain. If you tell me what you want to make, it won't take long for me to figure out how to pull it off. I've done how-to craft stuff for several newspapers.

I've always had tons of crafts and my home offices have always been filled with cloth, thread, glue guns, etc. To me, photography is just one more aspect to my creativity. Just one more outlet for me to be creative. But that doesn't mean I want to stop making baby blankets or sock moneys, just because I own a photography (& writing) company.

Jezzika said that's what she was trying to explain to her husband. But he was having a hard time understanding that.So this post is for him, I guess.

I think creative people sometimes need different outlets to let their creativity flow. I occasionally take art classes, I have done some paintings, etc. I also do a bit of design work. I created my own logos, website, etc. It's just who I am and I enjoy it. And I can see where other creative types would need to do multiple things as well.

That was a long ramble, lol. I blame it on being sick. But here's Jezzika & Benny's Christmas photos. Jezzika liked a lot of alternative colorings and processes, so those are shown.

Back in the day when I used to work at a pro lab, we used to develop E6/slide film and B&W film and do printing. Well occasionally, someone would bring in some C41 (standard color film) and want it processed in our E6 machine. The results were really crazy colorings. Looked really neat on landscapes. But Jezzika and I were playing in photoshop with an action that did something similar and got this one:


Another alternative process.

And a vintage look.
If you'd like to see some of my other creative ventures, check out:
My photography & diva gear. http://www.cafepress.com/RoadtripDivas

0 comments: