Home

Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Merry Christmas, Happy New Year!

Since we are about to ring in the new year, I should probably get all the Christmas pictures out of my system!

This year for Christmas I made all my neices and nephews sock monkeys. I love handmade gifts, especially for children. Would much rather see them holding tightly to something made with love then some plastic toy from China.

I tried to incorporate a little bit of each of their personality in each of them. Bella's middle name means "bunny" so her sock monkey had carrots on it and was holding a bunny.

Vincent's parents are very much into that darker lifestyle, skulls, Nirvana, dyed black hair. So I made him a sock monkey with skulls on it. I, know, sounds dreadful, but it was actually quite cute.

I asked my sister Lana, if she had any special requests for her daughter's monkey, "pink" she said. So I made the biggest pink sock monkey I've ever made!

Here's a pic of stockings and our tree. I was in Target about 3 days before Christmas and they had all their display trees on sale for 75% off, so I grabbed the last decent one I saw. It was a $99 tree, but it rang up for $17. Woohoo!

There is a strand of lights that was working but has decided to stop. I need to try and fix them. Maybe next year.

When it comes to the holidays I get in the baking spirit. I made my first gingerbread cookies. And I realized why you need to put ALOT of icing on them. Not my favorites. I've had better, but the recipe I had, wasn't great.
I found a recipe for Cinnabon's Cinnamon rolls with cream cheese icing. Took me forever to make them. Couldn't get the dough to rise. Still turned out pretty tasty, all sugary!
Crusita on Christmas morning.
She found her sock monkey and someone elses sock monkey!
Lana said she just hugs the monkey to her. It's too cute--just as big as she is!

Oh, and on a side note, my sister asked us to be "God parents" to Crusita if anything should happen to her. I was quite honored.
In one hour we ring in the new year. Hubby and I plan on relaxing together for the event. Tommorow I'll probably put up the tree and go shopping for more craft stuff. I'm on a sock monkey kick lately. I NEED to finish making baby stuff for my girlfriend who is having twins any day now. And I have more updates to add to the website. Tons of new stuff.
Hope you have a safe holiday. Thank you so much to everyone who left comments, either publicly or through email. I appreciate it.

2 comments:

Andi Pandi said...

Monkeys are always a great present!

BTW, Andy is a cool guy, he's always a help with IT. But I can't believe he's married, he looks about 12!

Andi Pandi said...

& as a reply to your last post about vendors, please pass on any info you can find! Especially on the cheap ones! We'd like to find places close by each other, but in the same location is even better. You can also email me at andrea (dot) talton (at) gmail.