Home

Saturday, January 17, 2009

Been kind of hectic

I've had some magazine work I've been doing the last two weeks, still have tons of pics I need to edit and ship to the appropriate publications. One of my girlfriends had twins this week, so the baby blankets I thought I had another month to finish had to be done in a day, lol! (Will post baby pics next!) And then today...

I've always enjoyed doing volunteer work. I grew up with the understanding that no matter how bad off you were, there was always someone else having a worse time. One of my soft spots has always been animals. Dogs and cats (and many other animals) don't choose the house they live in or how they are treated and it amazes me how cruel people can be. Today I went to the Clay County Animal Care & Control and photographed some dogs and cats that were on their way to be put down if they don't get adopted out ASAP. While I was there they were euthanizing a bunch of animals. Broke my heart.

There was also a huge grey and black dog, Great Dane I think, who was one of the abuse cases (alot of abuse/neglect cases there) and poor guy was so skiddish, stayed as far from me as he could. People can be so mean.

If you have the room, please consider going to the pound and adopting one of these guys! Email me at Writingarticles@aol.com (my regular email is still acting funny, should be fixed soon) and I'll send you larger pics if you need them. I might start doing a pet of the week thing.

My assistants were busy today and the shelter was understaffed so I couldn't open up the cages to shoot, I had to shoot through the mesh, so excuse the cage lines. Something's better than nothing, if it saves one of these guy's lives!

NOTE: The cat room had a bunch of kitties that weren't on my list to photograph. They may be new and not quite ready for adoption or waiting to see if anyone claims them. If you like one, call anyways, just in case!









INFO if you want to adopt! (They have horses there!)
3984 State Road 16 West
Green Cove Springs, FL 32043
Phone:(904) 269-6342
(904) 284-6342
(352) 473-2112
Office Hours:
Tuesday - Friday10:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
Saturday 10:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m
CLOSED SUNDAY, MONDAY

0 comments: