Home

Friday, January 2, 2009

My favorite wedding images from 2008

In no way can I put a photo from EVERY wedding I shot last year, nor ALL my favorites, but there are a few that stood out to me for whatever reason.

These are in no particular order.

Kathy & Wayne had their vow renewals done in St. Augustine. We spent several hours before the ceremondy shooting. I love this one because of the pattern to the back and the intimacy of the couple.

Kathy had some gorgeous flowers, and I loved the butterfly. These were sitting on the table outside.

I really liked her cake shot as well. Overall, it was a nice looking cake and the photo just stood out to me as a classic shot.
Earlier this year Stephanie and her fiance at the time had me photograph their wedding outside of Savannah in a military museum. It had this cute little chapel and then the reception was in the museum.

Stephanie had a gorgeous set up of food and I loved these strawberries with the ring.

This couple got married at Queen's Harbor and I just loved this shot of her coming down the aisle with her dad.
Very rarely do all the bridesmaids take part in helping the bride put on the dress, and I just loved this shot.
Since I started off doing black and white photography, I have a soft spot for a good black and white and I love shots where you can see the emotion and feeling in them or couples interacting.

I took this shot two ways, one with the couple in focus and one with the cake topper in focus. I love how the lights pop in the background.

Mike owns Jaxnotary.com and he actually officiated the wedding above this one. He also called me one day when HE was getting married.
Mike & his bride were married at Starbucks, you'll have to look for the older post for the whole story.


Another close up shot with lots of emotion.

David got Marquita with the cake and she just gave me the look and I grabbed it. I love her expression and the fun emotion of the photo.


This one was at the San Sebastian Winery in St. Augustine, obviously!

The light coming out the back really makes this photo to me. Not only does it light up the bride's mother but it adds an extra element to the photo. It wasn't done on purpose though, a relative of the groom was snapping a way and it was his flash going off.

Carolyn & David got married at the Ribault Club near Kingsley Plantation. I love this shot with David's mother and grandmother pinning the lace of an old wedding dress to the new one.

On the wedding day it started raining right before the ceremony and they were getting married out back under some trees. Carolyn was looking out and stressing as the planner was talking to her. I noticed she would chew on her fingers whenever she was stressing or thinking.

At Natalie & Shiloh's wedding in Georgia, the groom was so excited and showing me details from the wedding, including these M&Ms with their info on it.
They were standing off talking when I snapped this one. I just love the look in her eyes and the smile lingering on both of them.


With this one, the bride & groom got married out of the country and came back home for their reception. I loved this shot on their deck.

I'm a sucker for interesting ring shots.


The two sisters. There's another post about these sisters. I photographed their weddings a month apart from each other. And both sisters loved this shot.

I love the heart detail on the ring in this one.

I loved this shot because in a big size you can see the writing inside the ring, nice and clear.


A wedding at Ponte Vedra Club.


A cake from a beach wedding.

This is one of my favorite weddings this year. The setting at Fort Clinch was gorgeous, the sky was a beautiful blue and the couple was open to posing. Here they throw rocks into the water as they make a wish.






This next was is just moving to me. Stephanie told me that when she got cancer her husband decided he wanted to renew their vows. She thought it was a very sweet thing to do. After the wedding, she removed her wig for this shot.

2 comments:

Andi Pandi said...

Great pictures! I love the detail ones & the interesting emotions.

Gwefr said...

These are awesome! So personal and different :)