Home

Tuesday, January 20, 2009

New life, new places

First and foremost, as promised, photos of the new baby! My friend Rachel actually had twins, but this one is the only one that wasn't in NICU when I stopped by. Look how tiny the fingers!

Speaking of babies, I got word through the grapevine that my client Alicia (who was in my last pregnancy post) is in labor today! So congrats to the new mommies!

And now for other new stuff. The last two weeks I've been finding lots of interesting places to shoot. Here's some of them, watch for them to show up in new posts soon!

I see a modeling session here in the future! Anyone got a pilot's hat or outfit?

This would be awesome for an engagement session.




2 comments:

Mrs. Andi said...

Those are pretty cool places! What side of town did you find them on?

BTW, what is your opinion of engagement sessons? We're kind of the opinion that they're not necessary, because we're about to get pictures taken at the wedding anyway!

Freelance 4 Hire Photography said...

St. Augustine.

Engagement sessions, here's a couple of reasons why you might want one (this goes for everyone in general):

1-If you are searching for a photographer and are on the fence about which one to pick, an engagement shoot helps the bride and groom decide which photographer's personality and style most match their own.

2-If you are planning on putting an announcement in the paper, some publications you can put it in before the wedding, thus you'll need a pic.

3-Some people like to have a sign in matte at the wedding and that's a great place to show off a cute pic of the two of you.

Personally, I understand where you are coming from. And since you and I have met before, it's not that big of an issue, but if I were in your place and approaching a photographer I didn't know, it would let me know if I liked the photographer and how they were about talking to me and directing me, etc. Some people can be really bossy or not so friendly and when you getting married it's stressful enough, I think it's important to make sure that your photographer jives with your own personality. I have had too many people tell many that their own photographer was pushy or mean. LOL, not to go off on a tangent, but there's some pros.